- Oil & Gas
The goal is to understand the needs of your operators, and design from that point outward, with form following function. As the industry leader in customized control room furniture design, you can trust that BAW Architecture maximizes safety and productivity with our no-detail-is-too-fine ethic.
Here are things BAW considers in control room furniture design and choice:
- The design, shape and storage capacity of tables need to be flexible in their functionality, pursuant to a task analysis.
- A hierarchy of accessibility dictates what information and which items are most important, and therefore closest to, the operator.
- Printer and laptop cords must be placed to mitigate the possibility of tripping.
- Personal storage, a place for coffee and lunch—all are taken into account.
- The use of furniture to control foot traffic, establish work zones, and give the operator privacy as needed.
- Sit-stand desk options that promote a non-sedentary workspace, incorporating fatigue management best practices.
- ISO requirements dictate that safety manuals be in hard copy and easily accessible to the operator.
- Different regions throughout the world have different average body sizes, which dictate size and shape of chairs, desks and tables.
- Chairs must be extremely durable to withstand 24/7 use.
When you partner with BAW, you recruit a team of highly skilled control room experts. Furthermore, we do not promote furniture from a particular control room furniture supplier, but rather source what is the best fit for purpose for your unique needs. Find out more about the 11 reasons why BAW is the global leader in control room design, or contact us to learn more about what our team can do for you.